The Northeast District Alumni Association is proud to announce that we offer several awards for the active membership. Each award is listed below with a brief description:
All Submissions for the 2019 Northeast District Convention in Amherst, MA at University of Massachusetts are due by
Friday, March 1, 2019 at 11:59 pm.
- Each year the NEDAA selects a written speech from an Active member as the Keynote Speech for the NED Convention. The entry will be selected by the NEDAA delegation prior to Convention. The winning applicant will receive a $100 stipend and will be asked to speak at the opening of the District Convention.
- The 2019 topic: The late-George Parks was known for his leadership and inspiration in the UMass Music Department and beyond. The saying “With Pride!” has resonated with
musicians for decades. How do you personally interpret and represent those words within your chapter and college/university?
- Who can apply? Any Active Brother or Sister in the Northeast District
- How do I apply? Submit your response through the Google Form link below.
- 2019 Keynote Speech Application
- Ritual Scholarship
- The recipient Chapter(s) of this scholarship will be given one replacement Ritual item to either help a chapter replace an older item, or gain a Ritual item that they previously have not had. The recipients will receive $100 to put towards the ritual item(s) that are requested. The recipients will be chosen based off of need and the successful completion of the application.
- The 2019 Topic: What is your chapter in need of? How would this grant benefit the way your chapter performs its ritual?
- Who can apply? Any Chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi or Tau Beta Sigma in the Northeast District. There will be two Ritual Scholarships given, one for a chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi, and one for a chapter of Tau Beta Sigma.
- Note: Only initiated members of your organization will be reviewing these applications. Please write freely about the contents of the ritual.
- How do I apply? Submit your response through the Google Form link below. Be sure to choose the appropriate link based on your organization.
- 2019 Kappa Kappa Psi Ritual Scholarship Application
- 2019 Tau Beta Sigma Ritual Scholarship Application
Alumni Communication Award
- The NEDAA would like to recognize Chapters who have outstanding communication with their alumni members. The winning chapters will receive a certificate and a large plaque to take home for a year (to be exchanged for a smaller token at the following Convention).
- Who can apply? Any Chapter or Alumni of Kappa Kappa Psi or Tau Beta Sigma in the Northeast District. There will be two awards given, one for a chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi, and one for a chapter of Tau Beta Sigma.
- The 2019 Topic: Show us how you keep your alumni involved. Be creative with this! You can create a powerpoint/prezi, video, virtual diorama, documentary, etc.
- How to I apply? Submit your response through the Google Form below. In addition, send any supplemental materials to Christopher Lukasik, NEDAA Secretary, NEDAASecretary@gmail.com.
- 2019 Alumni Communication Award Application
Questions? Email Sarah Fitzgerald at email@example.com